Extended abstract submission
The template for extended abstracts can be found here. For submission of your extended abstract, it is mandatory, that your paper is IEEE conform. For this, you have to use IEEE PDF eXpress. This procedure is described below.
Please note the following information about maximum page numbers and file sizes:
- Oral and poster: maximum of 2 pages
- Invited: maximum of 3 pages
- Plenary: maximum of 4 pages
- Maximum file size for all: 2 MB after conversion to PDF
After you converted your extended abstract in IEEE conform format, you can add your extended abstract to your submission, by using your ID and password you already have received when submitting your abstract following this link:
--> Submission of IEEE conform extended abstracts <--
IEEE PDF eXpress instructions
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
1. Access the IEEE PDF eXpress site at http://www.pdf-express.org.
a. Click "New Users - Click Here".
b. Enter IRMMWTHz2013x for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
c. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference:
a. Enter IRMMWTHz2013x for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account.
b. When you click "Login", you'll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click "Continue". By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this new conference.
c.Check that the contact information is still valid, and click "Submit".
a. Enter IRMMWTHz2013x for the Conference ID, email address and password.
2. For each conference paper, click "Create New Title".
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click "Submit PDF for Checking" or "Submit Source Files for Conversion"
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click "Upload File". You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
There are three (3) Poster Sessions for IRMMW-THz 2013.
- Monday, September 2nd, 18:00–19:30
- Wednesday, September 4th, 18:00–19:30
- Thursday, September 5th, 18:00–19:30
A six-foot-high x four-foot-wide (182 cm x 122 cm) bulletin board, a sign indicating your paper number, and push-pins or adhesive tape will be provided. Presenters should display the paper title and authors and affiliations on their poster. Please note that poster papers are not supplied with electricity or audiovisual equipment.
Authors should remain in the vicinity of their presentation board for the duration of the sessions to answer questions from attendees. Authors may set up their poster during the lunch break of the day of their assigned session and must remove their poster one hour following the session.
The following is a representative list of topics typically covered at the conference:
- IR, MMW, and THz applications in biology and medicine
- IR, MMW, and THz applications in astronomy, atmospheric and environmental science
- IR, MMW, and THz applications in security and defense
- IR, MMW, and THz applications in industry
- IR, MMW, and THz spectroscopy
- Ultrafast and nonlinear measurements
- Transmission lines, wave guides and antennas
- Gyro-oscillators and amplifiers, plasma diagnostics
- Free electron lasers and synchrotron radiation
- Modelling and analysis techniques
- Novel sources and systems
- Novel components
- Quantum cascade lasers
- Future applications, markets and directions
- THz meta materials: fundamentals and applications
A special symposium is planned on terahertz metamaterials organized by Marco Rahm.
The full program will be posted soon.